Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hello Boldness, Goodbye fear...

Tomorrow I am doing something I have never done before. Tomorrow, I am taking the bull by the horns and doing something about my future. Whether or not something will come of it, I'm not sure, but at least when all is said and done, I can go forward knowing I did everything I could.

Tomorrow, I am taking my resume and a mini-portfolio to Mississauga, to the World Vision Canada Head Office and asking for the opportunity to hand it in person to the Human Resources Manager. I have applied for two positions there, that according to the postings are still open, and I am going to do everything I possibly can to get one of them.

To be honest, I'm terrified. I have no idea what I'm supposed to say or do, or whether or not this will be a good thing. But I figure it's a lot better than sitting around waiting for someone to contact me. It shows that I'm interested, and it shows that I want to work for them.

So if all of you could send your prayers, encouragements and all that jazz, it would be muchly appreciated!

6 comments:

  1. Tabbi,

    I am praying for you!

    Love in Christ,
    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go girl! Stay strong and have faith in yourself and your abilities. If nothing else, you will have faced a fear and come out the other side a stronger person. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck lady! EEEEEK! I hope it went well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Wishing you the best of luck =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck to you. I need to get out and do something like that, too, but my bed is just really comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say more in this comment, but I know you wrote about this at a later date and I saw your Facebook statuses. So I'll save my more insightful comments for those posts.

    Yes. Much like how Seinfeld is a show about nothing, this is a comment about nothing. Ka-blow!

    ~Shane

    ReplyDelete

Speak friend, and enter!